Friday, February 18, 2011

Finishing it all up

Today I went into the shop to put on more parts on the bike. I didn't know much about putting on the STI levers. cables, brakes etc and I was very lucky to have Gabriel and Gareth to help me out. I was being the little helper as I wouldn't have been able to do it all by myself now.
We had to cut the forks by a couple of centimeters and that took a couple of tries to get it right as me and Gabriel couldn't find the mark that was made on the metal. In the end we managed to get it right and the handlebars went in without too much trouble. Ok, maybe with a little bit of help from the hammer.

This was Gareth and Gabriel messing about while getting the parts on the bike.


Next went on the gear/brake levers on the handlebars along with the cables which needed some gentle cohersing especially the cables for the front mech. Gabriel found a way to make it work and we were in business.



After that, the rear mech, rear hanger and crankset went in. I took off the chain protector off the outer chainring as it looked a bit silly. Those went up without any trouble onto the frame.


Sprocket, front and back wheels went on along with the chain and after some tweaking by Gabriel, the gear changes were as smooth as butter. The handle bartape went up easily and it looked the part. Also, the seat looked even better today.

And this is the final result with the finished bicycle. It looks pretty cool I think and tomorrow I will go have a cycle on it to test it all out and see how it handles and what needs to be tweaked as I know there will be some tiny adjustments that will be required.



But for tonight, it will hang by the ceiling in the shop till I get to see her tomorrow and go for a test ride.



1 comment:

  1. looks amazing hassan, im just thinking more
    orange on the vertical bar you sit on.
    some stickers would be sexy too.
    or some stencil stuff, maybe an old style porsche logo spray stenciled in white?

    ReplyDelete