Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Build it up

Today I started to put the parts on the bicycle after getting the frame unwrapped from the masking tape and paper. The frame and fork had been left the to cure over the last four days and the end result was very decent.


I was really happy how it all turned out and the orange and black bit on the horizontal tube looked pretty cool.
After getting the box of parts, Gabriele, Gareth and Anne helped me put on the headset onto the fork and frame. I then put on the seat, seat post, front brake calipers and rear brake calipers onto the frame. Getting the seat and seatpost was the most difficult task for me as the metal frame of the seat made it really tight to access. But I managed it in the end and I must say that seat looks gorgeous and looks more expensive that it really was. All the new parts that I bought were from Ribble Cycles (www.ribblecycles.co.uk), which had a 20% off offer a while ago and were very prompt in their delivery and charges. It took seven days to get to me but I didn't mind as their delivery charges were very reasonable and with the 20% off offer, suited my shoe string budget for this project.




This is the progress so far and tomorrow once we get a hacksaw, we are going to cut the stem to size after measuring it properly as this is a precision job. After that, I will keep on putting the rest of the parts until I get to the wheels, which have been ordered, but have not arrived yet. I reckon it will be a very exciting day tomorrow as I get to open the plastic bags containing the parts and getting them onto the bike. Roll on tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi the colours have turned out really well looks verp professional your attention to detail has paid off xd

    ReplyDelete